Demographics, populations, and expenditure data provides valuable insight into workforce and customer patterns in the logistics industry. Demand forecasting, capacity planning, network strategy, fulfilment planning and strategic routing all can be influenced by changes in population and demographics and it is important to include this data when undertaking this type of analysis.
Predicting customer demand for goods or services is key to a sound logistics strategy to facilitate a healthy balance between efficiency and flexibility in many areas, including:
- Demand forecasting. To accurately calculate demand across your product groups for different scenarios.
- Capacity planning. To ensure that you have the right level of capacity all the way through your supply chain to efficiently meet your customer’s demands.
- Network design. To answer key questions such as how many distribution points you need, where should they be located, what type and how big they should be.
- Fulfilment planning. To put in place the pieces to allow you to fulfil your customer requirements most efficiently.
- Strategic routing analysis. To allow you to model many different types of routing scenario, answering key questions to help meet your business goals.
CACI has a wide range of demographic data solutions, providing income and expenditure data, and socio-demographic indicators.
CACI can provide the data as an input into your strategic investigations or we can support your analysts in a consultancy capacity
CACI's Full Suite of Logistics Datasets
Demographic, population and expenditure data
Providing valuable insight into workforce and customer patterns in the logistics industry.
Mapping and routing data
Digital map data for route planning, market analysis, vehicle tracking, site location analysis, territory planning and more.
Stop Time Predictors
Detailed address data including parking space availability, property type and more.