Cookies can be first- or third-party cookies. First-party cookies are owned and created by the website you’re viewing. Third-party cookies are owned and created by an independent company, usually a company providing a service to the owners of the website. We use first-party cookies. Please note that we may also use third parties (including, for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services), over which we have no control.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites
- Ensure your privacy in our secure sites
- Store login details for our secure sites
We use the following two main types of cookies:
- Transient/ Per-Session cookies – these cookies may be used to record that you have logged in or out of certain areas of our site during your browsing session. This is to ensure that your experience of our content is as seamless as possible. These transient cookies are not stored when you close your browser
- Persistent/ Permanent cookies – these cookies stay on your machine until they expire or are deleted and many of them have automatic deletion dates to ensure your hard-drive doesn’t get overloaded. These cookies often store and re-enter your login information
To enable or disable cookies you will need to follow the instructions of your browser provider. Alternatively, an external resources are available providing specific information about cookies and how to manage them. If you set your browser to disable cookies you may not be able to access secure areas of our website.