Wyevale Garden Centres Ltd – BizTalk Integration Project
One of Britain's oldest garden centres trusted CACI to integrate their point of sale system
Wyevale Garden Centres Ltd. (WGCL) was the largest chain of garden centres in the UK with over 100 garden centres. We helped them integrate their Point of Sale system using Microsoft Biztalk.
- Wyevale Garden Centre’s (WGCL) Point of Sale (POS) system was unable to process contactless payments in store.
- To remedy this and improve customer satisfaction required modernising the POS solution, for which they chose Oracle’s EPOS.
- The current integration was managed using bespoke SSIS code that was difficult to maintain.
- The solution would require an integration platform to communicate between the EPOS and key business systems including the web sites as well as provide EDI for suppliers, partners and customers.
- CACI recommended the Microsoft Integration Solution based on BizTalk to enable WGCL to automate business processes, communicate with systems across the WGC enterprise as well as with external parties.
- A team was set up comprising both Microsoft Certified System Architects and Certified BizTalk Integration Architects to design and build a highly scalable, extensible and resilient integration platform.
- The solution provided real time communication and orchestrations across their CRM, Oracle EPOS and Customer Loyalty systems, replacing the SSIS modules and extending the functionality to incorporate new internal and external communications, to process very high volumes of messages.
- CACI worked closely with Wyevale to ensure the solution provided scope for all future messaging to be brought in as the company grew.
- We supported, enhanced and maintained the production BizTalk systems until the business was sold.
- Throughout the project, CACI worked proactively with key partners and stakeholders to deliver a solution that met the business requirements.
- The result was a flexible, scalable Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and Electronic Document Interchange (EDI) solution integrating all internal, supplier and client communications.
- The solution completely transformed Wyevale’s EPOS and communications, greatly improving:
- the total cost of ownership of the solution.
- Wyevale customer satisfaction.
- visibility of processing to the business users.
- flexibility to cater for new and existing integrations.
- the flow of integrated data from external sources.
If you have any questions or want to learn more, get in touch today.