University College London Hospitals
Internet Tele-Radiology information and communication System (ITRICS)
University College London Hospitals (UCLH) NHS Foundation Trust is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, covering teaching, research and the treatment of over 600,000 patients per year.
They provide specialist medical services and treatment for acute illnesses across 10 sites around London. This is how we helped them with their mission to deliver top quality patient care, excellent education and world class research.
- UCLH operates a specialist outreach team that collaborates with front line service providers to tackle tuberculosis (TB) and associated conditions amongst vulnerable people around the UK and Ireland
- The organisation wanted to enhance the mobile X-ray service to use the latest technologies to help identify, manage, support and treat patients in real time
- The original system, based on a full hospital software suite, provided images for later diagnosis only. UCLH wanted a streamlined solution to support the workflow of a real-time end-to-end process from diagnosis to treatment
- Available proprietary market solutions were not real time and were prohibitively expensive
- Development of a fully mobile solution using the latest secure Wi-Fi and Cloud technology
- A streamlined browser-based solution combined with workflow and questionnaire engines, creating a single patient care pathway accessible to all involved NHS professionals
- Records confidential patient details and up-to-date diagnosis/treatment information in a single, secure UK database, fully compliant with NHS data governance policies
- Provision of End to End Managed Service and Hosting for ongoing maintenance and support
- Easy-to-use mobile technology, readily adopted by healthcare professionals
- High security, fully compliant system for sensitive medical data
- Expandable, vendor neutral solution, cheaper both to deploy now and to extend to other point of care testing activities in the future
- Process-centric solution saves time and avoids duplication of effort
- Helps UCLH to meet its primary goal of high quality patient care
- Fully comprehensive End to End Managed Service for Application, Cloud and Hosting support
“CACI designed and built an innovative tele-radiology solution based on the latest cloud technologies to help UCLH provide a more effective service to vulnerable patients. The CACI team provides an agile, flexible and pragmatic approach that is a welcome and affordable change from the larger healthcare manufacturers.”
If you have any questions or want to learn more, get in touch today.