Thai Union Europe (TUE) – BizTalk to SAP Integration Project
Thai Union asked CACI to support the migration of their BizTalk integration
Thai Union Foods (TUF) is the world’s largest fish food company that has at least 11 major brands worldwide including “John West Fish” in the UK. The European branch of the company is called Thai Union Europe (TUE) and they asked CACI to support the migration of their BizTalk integration.
- Thai Union runs a SAP ERP solution, hosted in Thailand.
- Thai Union Europe was running Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP with BizTalk EDI integration hosted and supported by CACI in the UK.
- Thai Union Europe wished to migrate from NAV to the Thailand instance of SAP, with associated critical BizTalk messaging feeds.
- Thai Union asked CACI to support the migration of the BizTalk integration and extend the functionality to include other regions and services such as Factory Information System feeds into SAP.
- Thai Union also wished to include additional business functions into SAP, but this was taking too long and proving too expensive to implement.
- CACI ran a proof of concept to show that latency between UK and Thailand was not an issue for BizTalk.
- CACI worked with the Thai Union SAP team to re-design the BizTalk messaging to integrate with SAP, continuing processing with NAV in parallel.
- CACI provided the Thai Union SAP team with guidance on best practice for configuring SAP interfaces and getting test messages to flow.
- The rest of the BizTalk integration was completed ahead of schedule, going live with only 3 minor issues reported.
- Due to tight time and budget pressures, CACI recommended creating some Business Functions in BizTalk instead of SAP – at 20% of the cost.
- A global integration and messaging solution capable of expanding to include all suppliers, clients and internal systems.
- A smooth migration of the messaging into SAP with zero downtime & no messages lost.
- Improved visibility of processing to the business users.
- Flexible migration approach allowing for new and existing integrations.
- Lower cost solution with increased flow of integrated data from external sources.
“CACI provided focussed BizTalk expertise to overcome the integration issues and get the migration completed with minimum impact and maximum ROI. The CACI team provides an agile, flexible and pragmatic approach that is a welcome change from other providers.”
Matthew Steele, UK IT Manager, Thai Union Europe
If you have any questions or want to learn more, get in touch today.