- The interactive tool is really powerful, making the information and data meaningful and impactful.
- People understood the implications immediately. When we showed the interactive map for lower quartile income affordability, it raised a gasp from the audience. Residents in this group cannot afford to buy or rent anywhere. It’s vital that we address this, for the well-being of our population and the health of the local economy.
- The data insight was very well received at the meeting and afterwards. It was successful because of the combination of relevant, granular data and the visual presentation in PowerBI.
- Other departments asked Danika what PowerBI could do for them – they wanted to be able to visualise data in a similar way and understand local differences and needs in the Island population.
- Danika’s team has also been using PowerBI to present Covid-19 data and work is underway to develop a range of other similar dashboards for other business areas.
Developers have already asked us a lot of questions. We’re happy to be able to share insights that will help them propose the right mix of housing in their developments. It’s a win-win because they are more likely to get planning approval for schemes that meet clearly defined needs and bring the housing that local people need to the right parts of the Island.
Danika Barber, Public Health and Strategic Analytics Lead
Isle of Wight Council
Read the case study
Please view the full customer story here. If you want to learn more or have any questions please get in touch with us.