The ideal candidate will have a background in sales/sales administration, with experience of working in a busy sales environment; ideally suited to someone with an admin background looking to further their career towards a sales/account management role or a graduate with some commercial experience.
Training will be given on the software, but you will learn about the industry and our clients on the job and be expected to hit the ground running. This is a fast-growing team and you will need to be resilient with a ‘can do’ attitude whilst maintaining a good working relationship within the team other departments.
- Manage a number of projects at the same time.
- Managing new customer engagement by telephone and email.
- Handling customer paperwork and order progress updates.
- Booking sales meetings, calls and software demonstrations.
- Reporting monthly sales results to the sales team.
- Keeping CRM (Netsuite) up to date.
- Liaising with marketing team on communications, releases and events.
- Communicating internally important feedback from new customers.
- Handling and responding to emails and phone calls.
- Administrative support with the competitive bid/tender process.
- Creating sales estimates.
- Processing purchase orders.
- Checking contract details for accuracy.
- Ad-hoc general administrative duties
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent organisational skills accuracy and attention to detail (extremely important).
- Previous experience and responsibility working in a busy sales environment (desirable)
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Proficient communication skills (both verbal and written)
- ICT experience – Microsoft Office Suite, CRM systems and web-browser based research
We are looking for someone who is proactive with a positive attitude, responsible, reliable and enthusiastic. You will be happy to ‘muck-in’ and do whatever needs doing; enjoy talking to lots of different people; be a self-starter finding new opportunities
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The role will also be based out of CACI’s head office in Richmond, London, fitted with all the necessary precautions for social distancing in the workplace. However, as we continue to work under the government’s current COVID-19 guidance. Whilst we have been working remotely during the pandemic, this is hybrid role based in the Richmond Office, going forward you will be required to attend the office regularly depending on your work schedule.
Must have right to work in the UK.