A long-term Managed Service Partner to Argos
Why CACI have been a key IT service partner to Argos for over 20 years
Argos is one of the most recognised retail brands operating in the UK and Ireland and a subsidiary of Sainsbury’s. The company has almost 900 retail shops, around 29 million yearly shop customers and nearly a billion online visits per year, making it one of the largest high street retailers in the UK.
We’re proud to say that CACI Digital Solutions have been a key IT Service Partner to Argos for over 20 years.
- The existing IT Systems had evolved over a long period of time and had become increasingly difficult and expensive to maintain.
- Limited inhouse resources with the skills needed that were rapidly becoming difficult to find.
- This meant it was increasingly difficult to develop and support Back Office Business Critical Store systems that are used across all the stores in the UK.
- Expectation to also focus on the digital transformation of Argos and give customers more choice and a better shopping experience.
- An end to end team of Technical Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers and Environment Managers were put in place by CACI.
- We provided skills in multiple technologies such as COBOL, Visual Basic, UNIX and EPOS.
- We successfully ran projects including sales/purchasing data warehouse, catalogue production, supply chain, integration with Retail J tills system, loyalty card application, Regional fulfilment centres (RFC), Voice stock Management, Digital Transformation, card accreditation and PCI compliance.
- We manage applications covering tills, kiosks and servers to provide a combined and integrated set of stores applications.
- We put in place a fully kitted server room with mock stores, configuration of servers, tills and kiosks to enable testing of an integrated set of stores applications.
- All Development and 24/7 Support has been provided by CACI Digital Solutions since 2004, with the team varying in size from 10 to 25 people.
- Full management and support of systems through peak trading times including Easter, Black Friday and Christmas.
- This freed up time for Argos IT team to support other aspects of the business.
- Integration with new innovative technology for digital stores such as mobile print & scan, voice pick, click & collect and customer kiosk.
- We won an industry award for our voice stock management solution.
If you have any questions or want to learn more, get in touch today.