About the role
You will apply Oracle technical and internal customer service skills in order to address business issues and needs in a flexible manner as required in a front-line support capacity covering problem identification, resolution and defect tracking.
The team is responsible for the oracle applications system maintenance support, DB/MT monitoring tasks, application of all patches, upgrades and technical code release management. Where the client software is hosted elsewhere the team will also act as the DBA.
This role may require Government Security Clearance (SC) and an Enhanced Criminal Record Check.
- You will be part of a technical team supporting all Children’s Services client base and internal users
- On a day to day basis, you will be doing installations both remotely and onsite
- Understand CACI‘s system architecture and technology stack (Database, Public Middle Tier set up, Application add-ons etc…)
- Undertake detailed patching and upgrade analysis (incorporating application, process, function, data and organisation) and possible systems issues related to those upgrades
- Schedule patches, upgrades and code release in line with business priorities and the team work load throughput
- Participate in structured evaluations of packaged software and suppliers
- Participate in the design & implement cost-effective solutions to meet business requirements in areas of skills expertise, taking account of non-functional requirements e.g. performance, server resource utilisation, disk usage etc
- Resolve user application support questions and issues in accordance with service levels (where applicable)
- Perform application configuration and administration
- Produce clear and concise documentation of support deliverables
- Preparation of training material if required
- Preparation of user and systems procedures
- Producing network and other related documentation
- Providing work estimates for project managers and sales teams
- Supporting the Development and Customer Care teams with the various Oracle products that we sell.
- To undertake such other work as is necessary to achieve the overall objectives of the Technical Support Team
- Assist in any other aspect of the teams work as directed by the Line Management.
Specific Job Skills/Experience
- A good level of understanding of Oracle system architecture is required
- The primary solutions supported use Oracle Forms, Apex, and Oracle Application servers. Certified training or real world experience in these technologies is required
- Experience of supporting in mixed mode enterprise environments both Commercial and Public Sector, with various levels of security
- Experience and troubleshooting ability of windows domains, servers, Enterprise Networking concepts & technologies, VPN, proxies, certificates, and Unix/Linux systems is needed.
Desirable technology experience including, but not limited to:
- PostGreSQL databases
- Apache Tomcat web applications
- Microsoft ecosystem (Windows Server/Client/IIS/ SQLServer, etc)
- Unix/Linux Server environments
- Virtual Servers
- Server load and performance testing
- Installation and usage of monitoring tools.
Who you are
As a business unit we have discussed and adopted core personal behaviors as values that we expect of ourselves and that we would want those we work with to have. These are someone who is:
- Team Player
We expect those new to the business to also adopt these characteristics, and your selection process will have included an assessment of your potential to match these behaviours. On-going assessment against these behaviours will be part of your performance reviews.
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Well organised/good time management
- Good Interpersonal skills, ability to work collectively with colleagues doing different types of work
- Professional yet friendly approach
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work to tight budgets and deadlines
- Self-motivated – ability to work on your own
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Team player
Performance Management Framework
The business unit has a performance management framework to help both the business and staff achieve maximum potential. This will involve the setting, monitoring and assessment of personal objectives which both aim to develop your career and capability, and benefit CACI by strengthening the capability of their staff aligned to their overall business objectives.
Following the end of your 6-month induction period there will be an initial review with your team leader and line manager. Thereafter, once a year there will be a formal performance review with your team leader and line manager. This will assess previous performance and set objectives for the following year.
Appropriate training (internal and external) will be made available as far as possible to support you achieve your objectives and develop your competencies.
- Willing to travel to/work at customer sites.
- You may be required to work on other teams/projects within C&YP team as suited to your skill set.
- You must be able to work extended hours on occasions, if required.
- Standard working hours are 9-5.30pm Mon to Fri. We do not work flexi-time.
- You will be responsible for your own time management, and when allocated to a job/project should assist the Project Manager to set your time allocation up on the system so that your actual time can be monitored against planned time. You will use the OfficeBase timesheet software to record your actual time on a weekly basis.
- You are be expected to follow/use and improve upon the existing, related systems and processes in use by the company, as directed.
- You will be expected to carry out any other duties allocated from time to time by management. This is not limited to, but might include such work as providing support for a presentation by the Sales Team.
- You will be issued with a laptop, and will be responsible for its safekeeping.
- Your Team Leader will conduct Performance and Objective setting reviews with you. CACI will provide opportunities for your skills to be fully utilised and to so aid your progression and experience. Your performance reviews will provide an opportunity for you to suggest areas in which you would like more experience and/or training, and for the team Leader/Operations Director to set your objectives for the following period.