About the role
Proven ability to empathise, understand and put themselves in the shoes of different information system users, social care professionals, teachers and 3rd sector support workers, administrators, parents/carers and young people and individuals with diverse needs.
Proven ability to define and manage requirement detail to create coherent improvement and extension to existing and new information system offerings. This role will require Government Security Clearance (SC) and an Enhanced Criminal Record Check.
Specific Job Skills/Experience/Objectives
- High level technical understating of relational databases, webservices.
- Use of prototyping tools such as balsamiq.
- Strong communication skills to build relationships with customers and elicit clear and buildable requirements and lead customer workshops / meetings / Review sessions.
- Presentation skills – to be able to present the new work or designs to customers / internal colleagues.
- Collaborations skills – ability to work as part of a team, sharing knowledge with delivery and Customer care teams to help support their work.
- Have a good grasp of software design for usability.
- Knowledge of Accessibility rules.
- Awareness of Security principles for software design.
- Oversee the translation of business requirements into technical concepts, and make sure that changes are aligned with the product roadmap.
- Create specifications detailing both functional and technical requirements aligning to product roadmap and customer requirements.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of software, underlying network and system software dependencies.
- Co-ordinate with the Head of Product and Engineering to assess development effort in accordance with client requirements.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to the development team.
- Work within the design and development group to create and implement sustainable software products and cloud services using our selected approaches and technologies. Agile, Java, Postgres and Metabase Opensource Toolkits etc.
- Proven experience of relevant prototyping approaches to test ideas and take forward into implemented software information system products.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Experience of product design to optimise social work practice and process.
- Experience of tailored design to improve access to information (user journeys).
- Experience of visual interaction design.
- Understanding of how to optimise use of software to support complex practice and process to create compelling propositions in children’s services 0-25 including early years, education, schools, family support, community, and further education.
Who you are
- Good written & oral communication skill.
- Well organised/good time management.
- Good Interpersonal skills to be able to work with many different colleagues doing different types of work.
- Professional yet friendly approach.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work to tight budgets and deadlines.
- Self-motivated – ability to work on your own.
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
Performance Management Framework
As a business unit we have discussed and adopted core personal behaviors as values that we expect of ourselves and that we would want those we work with to have. These are someone who is:
- Team Player
We expect those new to the business to also adopt these characteristics, and your selection process will have included an assessment of your potential to match these behaviours. On-going assessment against these behaviours will be part of your performance reviews.
The business unit has a performance management framework to help both the business and staff achieve maximum potential. This will involve the setting, monitoring and assessment of personal objectives which both aim to develop your career and capability, and benefit CACI by strengthening the capability of their staff aligned to their overall business objectives.
Following the end of your 6 month induction period there will be an initial review with your team leader and line manager. Thereafter, once a year there will be a formal performance review with your team leader and line manager. This will assess previous performance and set objectives for the following year.
Appropriate training (internal and external) will be made available as far as possible to support you achieve your objectives and develop your competencies.
- Willing to travel to/work at customer sites.
- You may be required to work on other teams/projects within C&YP team as suited to your skill set.
- You must be able to work extended hours on occasions, if required.
- Standard working hours are 9-5.30pm Mon to Fri. We do not work flexi-time.
- You will be responsible for your own time management, and when allocated to a job/project should assist the Project Manager to set your time allocation up on the system so that your actual time can be monitored against planned time. You will use the OfficeBase timesheet software to record your actual time on a weekly basis.
- You are be expected to follow/use and improve upon the existing, related systems and processes in use by the company, as directed.
- You will be expected to carry out any other duties allocated from time to time by management. This is not limited to, but might include such work as providing support for a presentation by the Sales Team.
- You will be issued with a computer with which to carry out your work. Where this is a laptop you will be responsible for its safekeeping.
- Your Team Leader will conduct Performance and Objective setting reviews with you. CACI will provide opportunities for your skills to be fully utilised and to so aid your progression and experience. Your performance reviews will provide an opportunity for you to suggest areas in which you would like more experience and/or training, and for the team Leader/Operations Director to set your objectives for the following period.