About the job
Who we are
CACI has been operating in the UK for over 30 years and have in excess of 1000 staff. Our business continues to grow creating an opportunity for a Social Value Manager, a new leadership role. The primary purpose of the Social Value Manager role is to define, design and implement CACI’s response to the UK Government’s Social Value Agenda, providing a credible and visible approach to Social Value across our Business Units delivering real benefits to our customers that can be measured.
You will have an in-depth understanding, through experience, of social value as related to government procurement and will be able to devise and implement CACI’s strategy to deal with social value. We are looking for a special individual who will be able to articulate clearly, particularly in bids, what CACI stands for regarding social value and be able to demonstrate clearly to our clients the outcomes achieved by our social value activities.
Supporting Business Units across the group and leading the group-wide Social Value Strategy, responsibilities include the following:
CACI’s Social Value Strategy:
- Conduct research on best practice regarding social value in our marketplace.
- Define how CACI will meet the Government’s Social Value Agenda and produce an implementation plan.
- Provide advice and guidance to CACI’s Business Units on how best to implement and monitor the success of social value initiatives.
- Implement national social value measurement frameworks within CACI to embed best practice.
Strategy in Action:
- Keep abreast of general market and competitor strategies and improve CACI’s Social Value Strategy.
- Work with the Bid Teams and produce winning bid responses to questions related to social value.
- Identify suitable partner organisations e.g. charities, academies, apprenticeships, etc. to support CACI’s social value initiatives.
- Manage the implementation of social value initiatives committed to within bids to clients and record and report on outcomes to clients and senior CACI management.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Function, communicate on an ongoing basis CACI’s social value activities, successes and outcomes to client and staff.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of working in social value or CSR.
- Public Sector experience is a must.
- Deep understanding of government procurement and tender processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep social value thought leadership.
- Expert in building partnerships with clients, third parties and technical staff.
- Experience in stakeholder management at senior, middle and lower staff layers.
The successful individual will be driven, accountable, passionate about social value and focused on continuous improvement. You will ideally have experience in:
- Successful achievement in managing numerous stakeholders.
- Working within a complex, diverse and busy environment.
- Leading and embedding social value best practice (tools and methodology) at an organisational level.
- Owning and being accountable for the social value process from cradle to grave.
- Intermediate to advance capability with the Microsoft Office Suite as well as strong business English.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse complex client needs and determine a suitable response.
- Positive and professional, with the ability to thrive in high pressure situations and environment.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Exceptional project management skills with a “get it done” attitude.
- Ability to coach and steer colleagues within the team as well as stakeholders and SMEs.
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar function.
The role is based in Kensington, London with a requirement from time-to-time to attend other UK offices.
WHO & WHAT WE DO
CACI Ltd. are a leading UK technology consultancy, with a keen focus on helping our clients transform their businesses through data, software and expertise. We deliver cutting-edge IT and digital marketing solutions across a wide range of sectors, including utilities, defence, retail, and social care. We collaborate with every client to tackle the challenges of today and maximise the opportunities of the future.
Our inhouse experts bring the curiosity, know-how and innovation needed to make sense of your markets and customers. This opens doors to new levels of success, whatever our client’s products and services. We seek to enrich and enhance our client’s offerings, through shared insight, innovation, and ideation.
We have a range of benefits on offer to support you. We have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs.
- Competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Sickness & Disability income protection
- On site gym membership