About the job
Who we are
At CACI we do amazing things with data. We build some of the most highly regarded, innovative datasets in the market and our people are the best at manipulating that data to provide insight to our clients. We are experts in all things consumer and location and bring together cutting-edge analytical techniques, creative thinking and diverse perspectives to drive growth for our clients. As part of the wider Marketing Solutions Division you will be joining a 250 strong team working in over 50 markets globally.
Our people are what really make us different. We are a growing and dynamic group of analysts, data scientists and commercially savvy consultants. We are passionate, progressive and unafraid of challenge; our mission is to use data-driven insight to make a commercial difference.
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Logistics Solutions Group as a senior data engineer in the Geosolutions team.
Geographic data is a core component of any spatial analysis and we pride ourselves in providing the best data and service to our customers. We work with a wide variety of 3rd party data providers to create enhanced data solutions for our clients to help them with accurate drive time analysis, geocoding, territory planning and competitor identification in order to optimise their logistics businesses.
As part of our team, you will get the opportunity to work on all elements of creating data projects, from assisting sales with presales activities, researching new data sources, creating data solutions, optimising processes and providing support to our clients. The role would suit someone looking to take on some team leadership responsibilities alongside the more technical data development and delivery tasks.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating and maintaining a global portfolio of data products for geographical and logistics applications, specialising in road networks, road speeds, address and boundary data
- Providing technical support, training and bespoke consultancy work on data and software products to clients
- Supporting the logistics sales team creating demonstrations and presenting the results to prospective clients in a pre-sales capacity
- Providing input into the development of innovative geospatial products and solutions with respect to logistics
- Maintaining geospatial databases of geographical and logistics products
- Publishing, delivering and providing updates to clients with our extensive range of data products
- Streamlining existing processing tasks by means of automation in ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) software
- Writing content for online help and training courses, as well as contributing towards the team processing knowledge in Wiki pages
- Supporting the team manager by scheduling the workload of the team, ensuring that resources are in place to efficiently deliver projects and data on time and to a high quality
Who you are
- Educated to at least degree level – ideally in geography, geospatial, maths or related data sciences
- Experience with GIS and ETL products for data processing and analysis (FME, ESRI, MapInfo, QGIS, Alteryx etc)
- 2 years’ professional experience working with spatial (vector/raster) and non-spatial (text) data
- Proficiency in data integration with RDBMS technologies such as Oracle/SQL Server/Postgres
- Experience in GIS web mapping technologies, particularly spatial APIs
- Knowledge of an intermediate level in SQL scripting
- Experience with programming using python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Highly numeric whilst consciously detail oriented
- Have excellent organisational skills in order to manage the workload and resources within the team
- Passionate about creating and using geographic data to improve business practices with a drive to innovate and enhance solutions
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience of project management techniques
- Ability to converse and use technical jargon in languages other than English to support international clients and data queries
- Familiarity with web app interfaces such as Geoserver, ESRI ArcGIS Online
What we can offer you
We don’t settle for people that can just do the job, we look for people that are constantly trying to push the boundaries and improve what we do. This is what makes CACI a great team to be a part of.
Innovation is hugely important to us and we guarantee everybody in the business gets to spend 5% of their time innovating and training. If you are an innovative thinker and like to challenge the norm, coming up with new ways of doing things, then you will be surrounded by likeminded people at CACI.
We understand that your career progression is important to you. Unlike many organisations, promotions happen twice a year at CACI. This gives you more opportunity to progress. At CACI people get promoted on merit, when they are ready. This means that your career is completely in your own hands and there is never a ceiling for your progress.
Everyone’s career path is different. We welcome people exploring different areas and trying out new skillsets. Just because you start off down one path doesn’t mean you are committed to it indefinitely. At CACI you have the freedom to carve your own career path.
The key to our success is our teamwork and collaboration and that tends to work best when we are all in the office working together. That said, we fully appreciate that everyone leads busy lives and we can’t always be in the office. This is why we embrace flexible working. Covid-19 has changed the way we work forever and a new flexible working policy will be released when the situation stabilises.
Your development is key and is a top priority for the team. We offer 3 types of training: externally run consulting courses, externally run bespoke courses and internal courses. Everyone has different training requirements which means everyone has their own training plan. A bespoke training plan will be created for you when you join.
We have a range of benefits on offer to support you. We have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs.
- Competitive salary
- Pension contributions up to 5% (matched by employee and employer)
- Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private Health Insurance from 2nd anniversary
- Sickness & Disability income protection from 3rd anniversary
- On site gym membership