About the job
1. The Company
CACI Ltd is the UK’s leading consumer and market analysis company, offering an unrivalled range of marketing solutions and information systems to local and central government and to businesses from most industry sectors.
Headquartered near Washington DC, CACI employs around 14,000 people in 120 offices worldwide with annual revenue in excess of $3.6bn. In the UK we have approximately 700+ employees in offices across the country.
2. Core Business Activities
CACI’s Marketing Solution Division (MSD) leads the way in customer management using both traditional and digital approaches. We help clients, acquire, develop and retain their customers through effective customer strategy planning, optimised marketing campaigns & enhanced customer insight. These solutions are underpinned by high quality consumer and market data and leading edge technology.
MSD’s core business activities are:
- Consumer Data – providing unrivalled insight and access to the UK population
- Customer Insight and Analysis – delivering more engaging customer experiences
- Customer Strategy – shaping a strategy and roadmap for our clients in order to deliver value across the customer journey
- Digital Design and Build – creating innovative websites and applications that deliver a truly personalised digital experience
- Marketing Technology – implementing customer-centric technologies to create better marketing interactions
- Multi-Channel Marketing – building and automating data driven marketing programmes and personalised campaigns
- Location Intelligence – providing solutions to make the best possible location planning and customer targeting decisions
3. Our Team and Tech Stack
The position is with the Technical and Engineering team based in Kensington, London. We are responsible for the development of our next generation data products and services on the Cloud.
Some of the key characteristics of the team are:
- We are a very successful development team, with a lot of combined experience on Cloud infrastructure and development
- Data management, processing and analytics is at the core of what we do
- We embrace new technologies, with a focus on open source and we constantly monitor and update our development processes and workflows
- We mentor and coach everyone to further develop their careers
- We always encourage everyone to come up with new and innovative ideas
- We believe that our people are our greatest asset and help everyone to advance their skillsets
Our technology stack comprises of:
- AWS & Python
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS and Fargate
- AWS Serverless Framework (SAM)
- AWS Step Functions
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka
- Snowflake, AWS Athena, AWS Glue
- Gitlab CI/CD
- Azure Blob Storage
- Azure Functions and State Functions
- .NET Core & .NET Framework
- WPF & MVVP
- Angular, NgRx, RxJS
4. The Role
Our team is rapidly expanding and is looking for Graduate Technical Engineers to join us. In this role, you will help us design, implement, improve and support new and existing solutions. You will receive the necessary training and mentorship, while working on commercial projects. As part of your time working in the Technical team, you will spend time working for one of two teams:
Insite Development Group (IDG): Working as an Engineer on our Location and GIS Products
Product Development Team: Working as an Engineer developing our Data Delivery Products
What we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic, pro-active, independent thinker who wants to learn more and accelerate their career
- Some foundations in Software Engineering
- A basic understanding of data and databases
- A basic understanding of source control systems and the development lifecycle
- Good communication and team collaboration skills
- The preferred candidate will have good degree in a numerate subject
It’s important that you are passionate about Technology and Data. The team thrives on innovation, and innovation must come from within the teams. You will be empowered to think creatively about the work that you are doing, and will have license to learn, develop and innovate. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who wants to challenge and be challenged and question the status-quo. Engineers face into our technical challenges every day, so it is important that we are questioning ourselves and constantly seeking new and better ways of developing our solutions. Our industry is ever changing, with new technology emerging all the time. How we did something 6 months ago might not be the best way of doing something now.
5. Your Learning Path
You will work with our team on a variety of projects, utilising cutting edge Cloud technologies from AWS and Azure and predominantly programming in Python and SQL.
You will learn how to:
- Set up data processing and ELT pipelines
- Design database backends using modern data modelling techniques and database technologies
- Develop production grade code using event-driven and Microservices architectures
- Use Serverless technology to implement scalable, resilient and cost-effective systems
- Develop web APIs with real-time responses
- Provision infrastructure as code
- Get up to speed with our development workflow using continuous integration and deployment approaches
To support your learning path, you will be placed on our Tech Academy course, which is a part-time, self-paced, online course designed to teach you the fundamentals of Cloud and Data Engineering.
You will start gradually working on projects and tasks that involve automated testing, supporting existing solutions and helping the team. At the same time, you will follow our technical training programme and acquire valuable Cloud and programming skills.
Our senior engineers will mentor you and guide you through this learning process. You will be able to participate to our planning and design sessions, daily stand-ups and technical workshops. You will be encouraged to challenge everyone in the team with new ideas, from the most junior to the most senior. Your ideas are crucial to the team and is important to learn how to communicate them to us. Learning how to present your ideas and interact with the team, business and of course clients will be part of your learning.