About the job
Who we are
At CACI we do amazing things with data. We build some of the most highly regarded, innovative datasets in the market and our people are the best at manipulating that data to provide insight to our clients. We are experts in all things consumer and location and bring together cutting-edge analytical techniques, creative thinking and diverse perspectives to drive growth for our clients. As part of the wider Marketing Solutions Division you will be joining a 250 strong team working in over 50 markets globally.
Our people are what really make us different. We are a growing and dynamic group of analysts, data scientists and commercially savvy consultants. We are passionate, progressive and unafraid of challenge; our mission is to use data-driven insight to make a commercial difference.
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Supplier Team as our Contracts Manager within the Data Products & Innovation group, a central function within CACI’s Marketing Solutions Division (MSD). The Supplier Team is responsible for managing all of MSD’s data supplier relationships, ensuring we work with them to get the best outcome for both parties – our desire is to have partnerships that are demonstrably driving value for both businesses.
The team manages all aspects of supplier relationships, identifying the types of suppliers we require in order to deliver our business needs, identifying the type of relationship we should have with that supplier, and then ensuring we deliver the right legal, contractual and commercial day-to-day management.
The supplier landscape includes all types of data, including, but not necessarily limited to, personal, geographic, mobile app and associated reference data – across all elements of MSD. It also includes both those associated with a commercial relationship and those that are open source and therefore not royalty-generating.
The team owns the management of legal relationships between the suppliers, the business owners and the legal team, and is also the internal support structure for those business stakeholders with a vested interest in understanding our supplier relationships and how to manage them – including, but not limited to – sales teams, product owners, product builders & BU owners.
About the role
Within the context of the supplier strategy set out by the Supplier Manager:-
Establishing strong working relationships within the business to handle day-to-day enquiries, providing a contractual environment that is straightforward to administer and interpret on behalf of internal stakeholders e.g. directors, sales and technical teams. In particular, you will be responsible for:
- Liaison between our Data Services Group, the sales teams and data suppliers to ensure pricing reflects business requirements post-negotiation and in dealing with day-to-day questions like product availability, royalties and so on;
- Sales and royalty administration, invoice approval where direct/variable costs are involved, ensuring royalty calculation tools are up to date with all new supplier information,
- Liaison between our legal team and suppliers to ensure contracts reflect business requirements post-negotiation, including the following;
- flow-down terms for CACI’s client contracts, adding new supplier Ts&Cs, compliance documentation and other onboarding requirements (modern slavery etc)
- Managing the day-to-day relationship with data suppliers, including enquiries from suppliers and internal stakeholders as to the nature and interpretation of existing contract and pricing agreements, handling ad-hoc orders and relationship administration;
- Devising and producing regular reports on the status of current supplier contracts, client SOWs, and extensions e.g. sales volumes and royalty reporting;
- Driving improvement of business processes through pragmatic approaches to problem solving and working with technology teams to specify requirements for tools to be built – input to projects to support these initiatives at a time when we are looking to move from a manual /admin-heavy process to a more streamlined digital system.
Who you are
The successful candidate will be capable of getting deep into the commercial detail of data products licensing and will be an effective communicator with colleagues and suppliers.
You should be able to communicate business requirements clearly, allowing no room for ambiguity.
You will be confident in interpreting commercial contracts and translating their meaning into “so what?” for senior colleagues.
You will have the ability to understand the technical principles of data products; experience of manipulating large amounts of data in Excel is an advantage.
You will be confident in handling the detail of commercial negotiations and demonstrate organisation/efficiency skills in designing and managing process like royalty reporting.
You will be comfortable balancing a varied and sometimes unpredictable workload in a fast-paced environment, prioritising your schedule with input from the Supplier Manager based on the competing needs of various stakeholders.
Prior experience in a similar role is an advantage but not essential as full training will be given, but self-starting, original thinking and appetite for multi-tasking in a challenging commercial environment is critical.
What we can offer you
We don’t settle for people that can just do the job, we look for people that are constantly trying to push the boundaries and improve what we do. This is what makes CACI a great team to be a part of.
Innovation is hugely important to us and we guarantee everybody in the business gets to spend 5% of their time innovating and training. If you are an innovative thinker and like to challenge the norm, coming up with new ways of doing things, then you will be surrounded by likeminded people at CACI.
We understand that your career progression is important to you. Unlike many organisations, promotions happen twice a year at CACI. This gives you more opportunity to progress. At CACI people get promoted on merit, when they are ready. This means that your career is completely in your own hands and there is never a ceiling for your progress.
Everyone’s career path is different. We welcome people exploring different areas and trying out new skillsets. Just because you start off down one path doesn’t mean you are committed to it indefinitely. At CACI you have the freedom to carve your own career path.
The key to our success is our teamwork and collaboration and that tends to work best when we are all in the office working together. That said, we fully appreciate that everyone leads busy lives and we can’t always be in the office. This is why we embrace flexible working. Covid-19 has changed the way we work forever and a new flexible working policy will be released when the situation stabilises.
Your development is key and is a top priority for the team. We offer 3 types of training: externally run consulting courses, externally run bespoke courses and internal courses. Everyone has different training requirements which means everyone has their own training plan. A bespoke training plan will be created for you when you join.
We have a range of benefits on offer to support you. We have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs.
- Competitive salary
- Pension contributions up to 5% (matched by employee and employer)
- Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private Health Insurance from 2nd anniversary
- Sickness & Disability income protection from 3rd anniversary
- On site gym membership