About the job
Who we are
At CACI we do amazing things with data. We build some of the most highly regarded, innovative datasets in the market and our people are the best at manipulating that data to provide insight to our clients. We are experts in all things consumer and location and bring together cutting-edge analytical techniques, creative thinking and diverse perspectives to drive growth for our clients. As part of the wider Marketing Solutions Division you will be joining a 250 strong team working in over 50 markets globally.
Our people are what really make us different. We are a growing and dynamic group of analysts, data scientists and commercially savvy business development consultants who also provide thought leadership and creative thinking. We are passionate, progressive and unafraid of challenge; our mission is to use data-driven insight to make a commercial difference.
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Retail Finance Benchmarking Group as an Account Executive. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and brightest retail finance brands in the UK.
The Retail Finance Benchmarking Group maintains a number of databases serving the UK’s retail finance sector. The majority of the UK’s major retail banks, building societies and challenger fintechs are members of our services and provide current account, savings, unsecured personal loans and mortgage data to us on a weekly and monthly basis.
The monthly data is enriched with CACI’s customer segmentation and location intelligence capabilities, and returned to each member, together with a pooled, anonymised view of the rest of market. This makes us an independent, objective source of information – and enables each member to understand its performance in the context of the market, informing their decision making across product, pricing, marketing, strategy and risk. Our weekly reporting services provide the earliest possible insight into the market’s reaction to those decisions, and highlight where new opportunities may lie.
We further support our members use of the databases by providing weekly commentaries, tailored dashboards and presentations, running insight workshops, and answering ad hoc data analysis queries – adding further value and reinforcing the logic of annual membership renewal.
As a key part of our commercial team you will get exposure to a broad range of clients and projects. The main role will consist of supporting the respective Relationship Manager in the day to day running of member accounts, providing a professional and efficient service, adding value wherever possible.
You will engage with a variety of stakeholders across our member organisations on a regular basis, both in person (when restrictions allow) and via Teams/Zoom or telephone, helping to develop and maintain long term partnerships, and assist the Relationship Manager in driving value to a variety of business functions.
While initially reporting to the Relationship Manager, as you gain experience you will be given the opportunity to manage your own accounts, host portal training sessions, demonstrate how to interrogate the data, write proposals and shape our proposition and how we approach our work.
Examples of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Supporting the Relationship Manager with developing account plans
- Supporting the Relationship Manager with regular member QBRs
- Supporting with pitches to prospective members of our services
- Travelling to member organisations nationwide, as required
- Taking and clarifying client requirements for ad hoc data requests, and effectively briefing these into the Relationship Manager, and the Data and Viz teams, where appropriate
- Identifying new business opportunities through regular client interaction
- Dealing with client queries and interactions in a professional and efficient manner
- Researching industry trends and communicating these to the wider RFB team
- Assisting with marketing events (webinars or in-person conferences, when they come back)
- Efficiently running administrative aspects, eg ensuring CRM is up to date with the latest client contact details, processing new user account requests and user account deletions
- Work with colleagues in the wider CACI sales team to present a unified view to the customer to aid colleagues in leveraging additional revenue
Who you are
- Organised, proactive and professional approach
- Excellent written/verbal English
- A positive team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Comfortable working with, or keen to learn to work with, data and insights
- Willing to develop your presentation skills
- Quick to learn and grasp new concepts
- Capable of dealing with member organisations at a variety of levels and across multiple disciplines (marketing, insight, product, operations, technical, IT etc.)
- An excellent eye for detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- IT literate (MS Office environment at a minimum)
- Willing to learn the basics of Tableau (training provided)
Ideally (but not essential) you will also have:
Experience of working in or for the UK retail finance sector
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis. Given the sensitive nature of the financial data we process and hold, the successful applicant will have to pass identity, credit-worthiness and criminal record checks prior to starting work with the team.
What we can offer you
We don’t settle for people that can just do the job, we look for people that are constantly trying to push the boundaries and improve what we do. This is what makes CACI a great team to be a part of.
Innovation is hugely important to us and we guarantee everybody in the business gets to spend 5% of their time innovating and training. If you are an innovative thinker and like to challenge the norm, coming up with new ways of doing things, then you will be surrounded by likeminded people at CACI.
The Retail Finance Benchmarking Group’s goal is to be the best benchmarking consultancy in the retail finance sector, providing top quality insights, using cutting edge, innovative analytical techniques to the UK’s biggest and most exciting retail finance brands. As a member of our team, you will be key to helping us achieve this goal.
We understand that your career progression is important to you. Unlike many organisations, promotions happen twice a year at CACI. This gives you more opportunity to progress. At CACI people get promoted on merit, when they are ready. This means that your career is completely in your own hands and there is never a ceiling for your progress.
Everyone’s career path is different. We welcome people exploring different areas and trying out new skillsets. Just because you start off down one path doesn’t mean you are committed to it indefinitely. At CACI you have the freedom to carve your own career path.
The key to our success is our teamwork and collaboration and that tends to work best when we are all in the office working together. That said, we fully appreciate that everyone leads busy lives and we can’t always be in the office. This is why we embrace flexible working. Covid-19 has changed the way we work forever, and we’ll update our flexible working policy as the situation stabilises.
Your development is key and is a top priority for the team. We offer 3 types of training: externally run consulting courses, externally run bespoke courses and internal courses. Everyone has different training requirements which means everyone has their own training plan. A bespoke training plan will be created for you when you join, and with exposure to the country’s top retail finance brands you’ll have the perfect opportunity to develop your client handling, sales and presentation skills.
We have a range of benefits on offer to support you. We have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs:
- Competitive salary
- Pension contributions up to 5% (matched by employee and employer)
- Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private Health Insurance from 2nd anniversary
- Sickness & Disability income protection from 3rd anniversary
- On site gym membership
For more information on CACI please visit our website (www.caci.co.uk).