CACI’s Environmental Policy
1. Environmental Policy
- CACI is committed to the reuse of software media products where applicable, particularly where products can be recycled for our own internal use.
- CACI complies with all current legislation on environmental issues.
- CACI has appointed an environmental officer with specific responsibilities to minimise risks and promote best practices.
- CACI ensures that the disposal of waste products is done in a safe manner to minimise any possible pollution.
- CACI, with its suppliers and customers, will strive for the best possible environmental practices, such as the promotion of recycling and minimisation of waste in all areas.
- CACI Health and Safety Policy identifies the use of safe practices and avoids the unnecessary use of hazardous materials and processes, and shall take all reasonable steps to prevent damage to either public or ecological health where such materials are in essential use.
- To continue to ensure the improvement and prevention of pollution by continuing to use proprietary disposal agencies and where possible to reduce the use of utilities.
- To review our environmental objectives and targets annually.
2. Environmental Information – Supplementary
- Recycling of vending machine cups is promoted by similar collection methods. The supply of mineral water is contracted out to specialist contractors.
- Printing of material is discouraged by effective storage and sharing of information electronically via electronic document repositories and the use of email and the company Intranet.
- Use of colour printing facilities is monitored to ensure proper use.
- Staff are reminded to turn off all electrical equipment at night.
- All except emergency lighting is switched off at night by external security staff who patrol the head office complex.
- Dress restrictions are relaxed during inclement heat to help minimize use of air conditioning and several offices are fitted with discrete air conditioning units that are turned off when rooms are not in use.
- Specialist contractors inspect all electrical equipment for safety and efficiency at regular intervals. Faulty equipment is replaced.
- CACI has a company car scheme but imposes restrictions on the choice of car to eliminate high performance, sports utility and other similar models that are not fuel-efficient.
- All CACI offices have limited parking spaces and employees are encouraged to commute by public transport, which is encouraged by the location of offices near public transport hubs and by the availability of interest-free season ticket loans to employees.
- CACI conducts conference call meetings where appropriate to reduce transportation impacts.
- The need for environmental efficiency and sustainability is included in induction training, where employees are briefed on the company’s environmental policy.
- Email communications are used to remind employees of their responsibilities.
- Whilst, as an IT services business, CACI does not have specific environmental objectives and targets, it does monitor activities and staff to ensure compliance with its policy and procedures.